Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Cate's 1st Birthday

I can't believe my sweet little baby is ONE!!!! Her birthday was Thursday, August 18th.  She and I took the day off from school and work and daddy got to spend most of the day with us too. 


I snuck in to peek at my little one year old before she woke up.  She sleeps like her momma did.



When we heard her wake up we went in to her room singing  "Happy Birthday"
Cate always loves a song!


Then she snuggled with Daddy and had her milk before we headed off for our morning activity.



Our big plan for the day was the smash cake session! We went to pick up the cake and headed to our location.  Cate usually doesn't want to be in one place for too long so we moved as fast as we could to set up! To see the photos of her session go to my photography blog.  Here are a couple before we got started. I thought her ruffle bottom was so cute!




Later for dinner we went to Caraba's.  I think this was really more about Mike than Cate but she usually will eat whatever.  Unfortunately she was a little picky this evening.  The waiter brought her ice cream for her birthday!  It was Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla!!! The best ice cream on the planet, so I was very glad it was her first ice cream experience.




After dinner we headed home to do one of Cate's favorite things - walk up and down the sidewalk! We also gave her one of our birthday presents to her.  She loved her tricycle!  She squeeled when she saw it and got so excited she ran away from it!













My sweet girl came into this world at 7:53 pm.  She was bull headed and wouldn't come out so they had to go in and get her.  A year later at 7:53 pm, all I wanted was a photo but my darling daughter is still an "independent thinker" and posing for a photo wasn't really what she wanted to do.



I'll take this one:


Good night, My Sweet Angel.  I love you more than you'll ever know.  You are my answered prayers, my dreams come true.  I can't wait to spend year after year with you!  Love, Momma




No comments:

Post a Comment